OCAS is, as part of the Finocas Group, fully certified according to ISO9001-2015 for its quality policy . The scope is not limited to OCAS only as some operational tasks are carried out by Finocas.
The certification was granted to the Finocas group in October 2014 without any non-conformity and reconfirmed in 2017 and 2020. Finocas is a joint-venture between the Flemish Region and ArcelorMittal Belgium. OCAS is the research centre of Finocas. Finocas and its daughter companies are referred to as the Finocas Group.
Since 22 June 2017, OCAS nv is accredited by BELAC as test laboratory in accordance with the requirements of the standard NBN EN ISO/IEC 17025:2017.
Accredited testing & analyses
- Determination of hydrogen in metals by hot melt extraction
- Determination of carbon and sulfur by combustion analysis
- Determination of oxygen and nitrogen by combustion analysis
- Determination of chemical composition of carbon steel by SS-OES
- Determination of chemical composition of low alloy steel by ICP-MS
- Determination of chemical composition of water samples by ICP-MS
- WD-XRF analysis on high alloyed steels
- Corrosion resistance testing according to ASTM B117 (salt spray testing)
Detailed scope of accreditation
Crédit d’impôt recherche (CIR)
OCAS is recognised by the French Government as a research centre for which French companies collaborating with OCAS can recover tax credits in the framework of the Crédit d’impôt recherche (CIR).
Gender Equity Policy
1. The purpose of this policy is
To set out OCAS’s principles in ensuring that it maintains a gender equity based approach to all of its organisational operational activities.
2. Policy Statement
OCAS NV is committed to supporting gender equity in our workplace. We aim to ensure that all staff have the same opportunities, rights and respect, regardless of their gender.
Gender equity is the process of being fair to women and men. Gender equity recognises that within all communities, women and men have different benefits, access to power, resources and responsibilities.
To ensure fairness, strategies must often be available to compensate for women’s historical and social disadvantages that prevent women and men from operating on an equal playing field. Gender equity leads to gender equality, where there are equal rights, responsibilities and opportunities for women and men.
Ensure OCAS as a workplace provides equitable opportunities for its male and female employees and maintains an organisational culture which supports gender equity.
Promote a family friendly workplace for men and women through the following activities:
- Parental leave options to both men and women
- Flexible working arrangements to staff
- Breastfeeding facilities within OCAS’s buildings
- Working from home options for staff
- Maintain awareness around family and domestic violence
- Regular review of policy, procedures and strategies to ensure gender equity principles are maintained
Create an equitable, respectful and enabling environment for men and women within the organisation through the following activities:
- Ensure that there is gender representation in all cross functional teams, interview and assessment panels
- Ensure that gender equity exists with regard to remuneration of employees
- Seek opportunities to encourage gender diversity in positions historically filled by gender stereotypes
- Maintain awareness on gender equity and unconscious gender biases by regular trainings and awareness activities for staff and decision makers
Absolute non-acceptance of gender-based violence including sexual harassment, with c.q. severe punishment, up to and including immediate dismissal.
The existing policies and strategies listed in section 6 are also part of the framework through which OCAS will achieve gender equality
4. Who is responsible for implementing this policy?
Gender Equity Gender equity is the process of being fair to women and men in decision making and the provision of resources and the addressing of imbalances. Gender equity recognises that within all communities, women and men have different benefits, access to power, resources and responsibilities.
Gender Equality Gender equity leads to gender equality, where there are equal rights, responsibilities and opportunities for women and men.
This Policy is implemented in conjunction with the following documents:
- Human Rights Policy
- Diversity & Inclusion Policy
- Employee Code of Business Conduct Policy
Signed by all members of the FINOCAS Group Management Board (Paper copy available on request)