Although we may not have an open vacancy just now, we are happy to receive speculative applications and CVs for a Research engineer metallurgist or Materials science engineer. You can send your application letter with CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. As soon as we have a suitable vacancy in the future, we will contact you. The description below is to be considered as guidance only.
You will work in a team of about 20 people in the department of metallurgy, where you will be involved in various projects at the same time. All projects are executed with a whole project team, consisting of engineers and technicians at OCAS, as well as representatives of our respective partners and clients.
From metallurgical point of view, you will be working on the understanding of the link between chemistry, processing and microstructure (texture development, precipitation, grain growth, phase transformations etc) and the effect on the final properties. For this, a large variety of laboratory synthesis tools is at your disposal, varying from casting, over rolling down to thermal treatments. For characterization, you will have the most advanced characterization techniques available that exist today, from application side (mechanical, magnetic, corrosion, etc) as well as (electron) microscopy.
You will join projects targeting a final product development as well as more knowledge building type of projects.
Send your application letter with CV
- You own a PhD in metallurgical science and engineering or worked as a materials engineer for at least 5 years within an R&D environment
- You have a large insight in metal processing – in particular steel processing - as well as a profound knowledge on metal characterisation techniques
- Modeling expertise is an advantage
- You have a high capacity to be flexible and handle a variety of projects
- You have good contacts with major research institutes and companies in the metallurgical segment
- You have excellent social skills to work in a team based environment
- You are prepared to travel on a regular basis within Europe
- You are fluent in English (spoken and written); knowledge of Dutch is an asset