ArcelorMittal Europe will install a new downstream plant, ES Electryck, for the production of non-oriented electrical steel (NOES) at the Mardyck site of the AM France North cluster. To help making the ramp-up of the new plant a success, we are looking for a resident engineer who will operate in the plant out of OCAS. Within OCAS you are a member of the Metallurgy team and report directly to the department head. The temporary assignment (3 years), starting in Q3 2024, is supposed to start in an early stage, i.e. ahead of the new operation’s launch, to enable a smooth integration in the plant and to allow becoming familiar with the concerns of the different teams. To perform this resident engineer job well, we expect an attendance of about 3 days per week in the plant and 2 day(s) in OCAS. This attendance can be adjusted as a function of the evolution of the need.
As a resident engineer you act as an antenna of R&D in the plant, capture potential support needs and improve the efficiency of the interactions between plants and labs.
Your tasks and responsibilities are:
- To become familiar with the different process steps and teams in the cluster AM France North: Quality Department, Dunkerque (upstream) and Mardyck ES Electryck (downstream)
- To attend the relevant plant team meetings and report to the labs in case of support needs
- To become familiar with the plant’s logistical flow and process data monitoring system
- To initiate, coordinate and follow up support activities of the labs in the plant, including sampling and process data extraction
- To follow-up and support product development activities (industrial trials), including sampling and process data extraction
- To assist R&D Product development and Process teams to improve the representativity of lab simulations for the industrial practice
- To support, on request of the local product development team, the risk assessments with respect to product properties and quality in case of process adaptations
- To report periodically on the activities to R&D and the local Quality team
- You own a master’s degree in science or a PhD. Metallurgical background is an advantage, to understand the impact of process parameters on final product properties and quality
- You have excellent social skills to work in a team-based environment
- You have strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- You have the ability to work independently and autonomously and handle a variety of projects
- You are responsible enough to act in an industrial environment, always respecting the implemented Health and Safety measures
- You are curious and interested to dig into details of industrial steel processing when required, no matter if it concerns steel making, rolling, pickling, degreasing, coating, slitting etc.
- Basic French speaking is needed; readiness to build on this basic knowledge is a minimum requirement
Does this vacancy interest you and do you recognize yourself in the described profile? Then do not hesitate to submit your application by sending an email to email@example.com.
Apply for this JOB